• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 JoneSmith

JoneSmith

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 10 September 2010 - 03:42 PM

Well Pet grooming sometime become a bit tedious task,when we don't have proper knowledge how to handle the pet or how to grooming pets.here i am disclosing some of tips which gonna help you lot:- Trimming of Nails:-Pet's nails should be regularly trimmed and especially of cats as they have a scratching habit. When trimming the nails, be careful not to cut them too short and cause bleeding. Cut the nails until you see a dark circle appearing in the center of the nail. Brushing:-Before bathing ,the pets need to be brushed out to make sure there are no knots in the furnishings. Knots are big problem in cats and dogs. Brush the beard, legs and underskirt to make sure there are no knots using the Pin Brush. Bathing:-Cats need to be bathed not more than once a month. While bathing make sure that the temperature of the water is not too hot. Be careful not to get water and shampoo in the ears, eyes and mouth when bathing the pet.

#2 Martha

Martha

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted 19 March 2012 - 03:03 PM

Cleaning Dogs Ears Dogs with droop ears are especially susceptible to fungus, waxy ears, and ear mites. Check them at least weekly. Infected dog ears can lead to further complications. Your dog may cause an ear hematology by breaking a blood vessel while shaking his head in response to the discomfort. Hair Brushing Dogs Brushing dogs is the most time intensive part in dog grooming. Do not press too hard with your wire slicker brush to avoid scraping the skin and giving your dog brush burn. If you encounter a mat, hold the mat close to the skin, insert the end tooth of the comb into the mat, and try working the mat loose. If this is not possible I would consider to cut out a mat than cause the dog any unnecessary pain. Once your dog is mart-free, comb down to the skin. Always brush or comb your dog against the lay of the coat. You'll be surprised at how fluffy the coat will look. ______________________________________ Dog Kennels, Chicken Coops, Rabbit Hutches

#3 sabulba

sabulba

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 11 July 2012 - 09:36 PM

You have shared such a nice tips for grooming our dog in well manner. Pet grooming tips are not easy as we think. There are various tips of grooming our dog. Bathing - For bathing we can use hand held showers or spray our dog. Stripping - Stripping is the process of pulling the dead hair out of the coat of a non-shedding dog. ___________________________ Dog Beds

#4 sophia_dave101

sophia_dave101

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 03:29 PM

The nails of your pet must be trimmed regularly. This is especially important in cats, as their claws can cause major damage.

#5 allaboutdogs

allaboutdogs

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts
  • Interests:I am a supplier of dog accessories, dog furnitures, dog houses and many moreDog Caring, Business, blogging and forum posting..

Posted 26 January 2013 - 02:35 AM

I washed my dog several times when he take bath just to ensure that he is clean all day. I always hygiene him for his health.

#6 ashtonluise

ashtonluise

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts
  • Interests:music,reading

Posted 18 February 2013 - 04:08 PM

Yes, it is really true that dog training is one of the headache process for all new pet owners, but it is necessary to provide best training regarding daily activities of dogs to make dog smart and clever. Even you can also join dog training classes which is also the best option to treat the dogs.

#7 carelessw

carelessw

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 14 August 2013 - 11:03 PM

I was taking my dog to classes with a personal handler (while she was running in a ring she was always trying to sniff something) and it helped us a lot. I think that it is great when you can afford it and you have sufficent time for that as well. What concerns the preparation, I washed my dog, wiped the undereye areas, cleaned ears and that's it. And in many sources it says the same, for example this post on grooming. As for the claws, I have a chihuahua so I need to cut her claws regularly, approximately once in 3 weeks. And since I have a long coated chihuahua I cut the fur on the inner side of a paw so she wouldn't slip on the floor.

#8 nikkita

nikkita

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 52 posts
  • Interests:Nikkita Anderson is an expert Dog Trainer, she has been teaching people’s dogs how to behave for 20 years; she currently run a dog training school in San Diego and she know this is what she was going to be doing the rest of her career.

Posted 21 September 2013 - 01:25 PM

How regularly often do you trim your pet's nails?

#9 dogtrainingsandiego

dogtrainingsandiego

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 20 June 2014 - 04:50 PM

Thanks for sharing the knowlegde regarding how to groom the dogs. I'll try this procedure for my dog also.

Thank you

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Dog Chat Home Page

Dog Information Articles

Dog Potty Issues

Cat Information