• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 klewis123

klewis123

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 01 October 2010 - 12:23 AM

I used the Method posted on this website to remove Dog Urine from Carpet. It has Discolored the Carpet. It is Ruined. Do Not use that Formula!

#2 Sharin

Sharin

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 78 posts

Posted 01 October 2010 - 02:19 AM

I'm sorry to hear that, BUT you should ALWAYS, ALWAYS, test anything like that in a small hidden area! Same goes for furniture -- test first in a hidden area!

#3 pacman77

pacman77

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 12 January 2011 - 09:46 AM

baking soda and water just as good as anything but does need to be well rinsed out ,people forget carpets get dirty so when you clean a small area it will look different to the rest.

#4 ruthkennedy

ruthkennedy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 26 February 2011 - 02:38 AM

Vinegar is a good ingredient for cleaning dog urine due to its properties as a solvent and for being antibacterial.

#5 Tech-no-Trainer

Tech-no-Trainer

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 151 posts
  • Interests:As a veterinary technician and a dog trainer for many years I have devoted my life to the health and well being of animals. I help heal their bodies and minds on a daily basis and I can't think of a better life to have! My own pack consists of Three dogs, a Pomeranian-Hercules, a Chow mix-Willow, and a Dobe/Dane mix-Georgie Girl, one cat, Stewie and an African Grey parrot, Gracie AKA Greybird. I also like to write and read when I can, I'm a video game fanatic and love t go out in a kayak and spot the wildlife.

Posted 11 March 2011 - 11:07 AM

Which method/formula are you talking about? And I agree about testing in a hidden area. As a matter of fact, every carpet product I have ever used has that right on the label.

#6 GAPPYandCRUZZY

GAPPYandCRUZZY

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 32 posts

Posted 28 March 2011 - 06:48 AM

What formula did you use? I use vinegar mixed with water every time there is something dirty or smelly in the house especially on carpets. The formula that you used must have been so strong, that is why your carpet got discolored.
Cardigan Welsh Corgis and German Shorthaired Pointer dogs have a way of finding the people who need them, filling an emptiness we don't even know we have.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Dog Chat Home Page

Dog Information Articles

Dog Potty Issues

Cat Information