Dog Chat Home Page

Dog Information Articles

Dog Potty Issues

Cat Information

Veterinary Coalition to Target Drop in Client Visits DVM 360 Oct. 1, 2010 - Health - Dog Chat Forums

Photo

Veterinary Coalition to Target Drop in Client Visits DVM 360 Oct. 1, 2010

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Kris L. Christine

Kris L. Christine

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts
  • Interests:pet vaccine disclosure advocacy

Posted 02 October 2010 - 12:32 AM

Veterinary Coalition to Target Drop in Client Visits DVM NEWSMAGAZINE October 1, 2010 http://veterinarynew...ategoryId=47831 A couple of quotes from the article: "At presstime, a planning meeting is slated for November to bring leaders in practice and industry together in an attempt to carve out a series of strategies to help reverse a trend of dwindling client visits. " "Heartworm prevention represents a huge opportunity for practitioners, Payne says, especially if the profession can improve compliance rates and convert pet owners who are not currently giving heartworm preventives to their pets. In fact, he believes a wholesale push could offset losses from flea and tick product revenue for practices. "
Kris L. Christine Founder, Co-Trustee The Rabies Challenge Fund www.RabiesChallengeFund.org

#2 JMM

JMM

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 913 posts

Posted 02 October 2010 - 08:12 AM

From the perspective of the vet's office...something like this really annoys me. It is at the practice level that client retention happens or doesn't...for a variety of reasons. I've seen practices decimated by rude front desk staff. I've seen other practices flourish because the doctors made a point to make themselves accessible to the clients. And keep in mind the locality. Rural areas where people don't have money is often a losing battle on something like heartworm prevention. You have to consider your audience and tailor your services to them. A little bit of personal care always goes a long way. This is what I look for in a vet for my own dogs...and its what I aim to give all of my clients.

#3 Viv

Viv

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,427 posts
  • Interests:Dogs///reading///outdoors///photography///fantasy collectibles///my Husband.

Posted 03 October 2010 - 09:40 AM

We have been going to our vet for over 17 years now a few Doctors have changed--they now have 8 on staff. They have helped me out in many major situations anytime I had to rush my ill basset or any dog in no problem. Now I do not like 2 of the vets---will not see them unless necessary. They simply try to push their methods onto me like neutering our Mastiifs at 6 months etc. And when we had rush Rontu in so unexpected it was one of those vets. A few things torked me off---the vet was ok but his assistant i could have thrown her out of the room! We are on the floor with Rontu--she comes in with the bill---they have never done that. She kept trying to pet Rontu I almost yelled leave him alone he is dying and does not KNOW YOU or you him!! The next day Tina-- one of the owners (they were not there) called me apologizing. She said next time Viv have them call me we will bill you.
Viv---adoring Aughra -English Mastiff- Dargon- English Mastiff. Always in our hearts Jorth- English Mastiff- Rontu--Bull Mastiff-- Annie and Blu--Dear Basset Hounds.Drac and Timber--Chow Chows Baron-- Rottweiller

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Dog Chat Home Page

Dog Information Articles

Dog Potty Issues

Cat Information