What is her breed?

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 annette87031

annette87031

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
  • Interests:I love dogs...lots of dogs..I have lots of dogs...I would like to volunteer or get payed to take care of animals at a no-kill shelter or where ever. I paint and do wood work. I also make custom furniture covers for loveseats, couches, recliners...to protect from animal hair, smell etc...<br />I also love and have one cat.

Posted 05 January 2011 - 03:10 AM

[attachment=580:attachment]She is a climber and a jumper. Her name is Gypsy. She has BROKE 2 harnesses. She has gotten free of her harnesses (before they were broke) She has broken links from her chain which i thought 370 pounds would be strong enough for her! I chain on a 30 foot because she jumps. People around (rural) drive like maniacs! 2 dogs on this street were hit within the last 3 months. People let their dogs run free here. She is very friendly and spade. 4 years old. She was able to get through an opening in a wooden barricade that was no bigger than 3 inches!! NO LIE!! Someone told me she looks like a kind of dog in Europe that kills cows! someone said oh, she looks like..........and rattled off some long 5 word name! Thanks!!

#2 Viv

Viv

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,346 posts
  • Interests:Dogs///reading///outdoors///photography///fantasy collectibles///my Husband.

Posted 05 January 2011 - 01:25 PM

Do you leave her chained up? Does she get exercise--interaction with you?
Viv---adoring Aughra -English Mastiff- Dargon- English Mastiff. Always in our hearts Jorth- English Mastiff- Rontu--Bull Mastiff-- Annie and Blu--Dear Basset Hounds.Drac and Timber--Chow Chows Baron-- Rottweiller

#3 annette87031

annette87031

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
  • Interests:I love dogs...lots of dogs..I have lots of dogs...I would like to volunteer or get payed to take care of animals at a no-kill shelter or where ever. I paint and do wood work. I also make custom furniture covers for loveseats, couches, recliners...to protect from animal hair, smell etc...<br />I also love and have one cat.

Posted 05 January 2011 - 02:40 PM

she is on a 30 foot chain. she is taken off the chain every day. I have unchained her, attached bricks or other heavy objects on a 7 foot chain attached to her harness so she can walk around, And she still makes it over the fence with chain and all! I catch her running down the road chain brick and all. This can also be dangerous as she could get caught somewhere. The only solution I have left is a hot wire around the property.

#4 Sharin

Sharin

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 78 posts

Posted 07 January 2011 - 02:25 AM

Why do you have her chained up outside? Do you not allow her inside with you at all?

#5 annette87031

annette87031

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 07 January 2011 - 04:45 AM

Do you know her breed? She is on a 30 FOOT CHAIN. Her chain may even be longer than 30 feet. i have 5 outside big dogs that don't jump. she is not neglected, when ilet her off her chain yesterday, within 10 minutes she was over the fence!!!! luckily i had attached something heavy to a 6 foot chain so she could only make it over the fence and not run off. She runs. She will get hit by a car as people drive like maniacs here. People do not stop or slow down for animals in this area. Very rural. The chain is not a heavy chain, although it should be because she has broken links off of this chain! All I would like to know is her breed. She is not an inside dog. I have built up the fencing to 7 and 8 feet and she still makes it over! Yes, I do interract with her. Walks and I take her to a large field where she can run. She use to be an inside dog when she was a puppy. My house is small, but I do have 1/2 acre. My cat wouldn't like her. If she wouldn't run so fast and doesn't look before crossing the street maybe I would let her off the chain permanently but she high-tails it out of here and then i have to go looking for her! I don't want another dead dog! I will look into the set up that would zap her when she tried jumping but I am sure i would not be able to afford it. There are people who chain their dog and the size of chain is ridiculously huge the dog being pitbulls, however, I realize now they are EXTREMELY strong dogs and need the large chain. I also realize the need for a padlock on the chain. Her connections do come undone and she has been able to get free when this happens. Her chain is not as heavy as it should be due to her strength but i don't want a massive chain around her. Any suggestions regarding the chain would be appreciated. Please don't be mad at me. At least i have a fence around my property and do not let my dogs run free as every single other house allows this as there are no leash laws where I live! As a matter of fact there's hardly any laws here at all! You never see a sheriff anywhere around here! Never. In the past year there have been at least 7 dogs that I know of that were hit and killed by a vehicle within a 4 block area! 4 were puppies! Not to mention the cats and kittens and there have been plenty!

#6 Riddick

Riddick

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts
  • Interests:Richmond Tigers and our 2 Granddaughters.<br />Also tattoo's Car Racing but mainly V8 Supercars as well as the V8 Ute's.

Posted 17 January 2011 - 07:35 AM

Have you thought about making a fully enclosed wire pen for her ? I think if anyone can answer what your dog is or isn't you would have to post a picture of her on here so we all can see her and then make a more informed guess to what her breed is.
Never reget what you have done. Only regret what you wanted to do. But didn't.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Dog Chat Home Page

Dog Information Articles

Dog Potty Issues

Cat Information