Posted 26 August 2011 - 03:13 PM
Look: This dog believes you are an intruder, and he wants to scare you off. To stop it, you have to show that you are stronger than him.
* Shout at him really loud and sharp as soon as he starts barking and look straight into his eyes and point your forefinger right into his face (counter-attack).
* Scare him by throwing something down on the floor next to him (counter-attack). This will stop his barking at least for a moment.
* If he keeps on barking pick him up and get him out of the room (show your superior strength and that you are in command).
* Slam the door in front of his nose. (Make clear he has to earn your approval.)
* If he calms down, give him some scraps from the dinner table, preferrably a meaty bone of your T-Bone-Steak or your lamb chop. (Demonstrate your approval and willingness to make friends.)
After that, he will most likely behave differently when you come out of your room next time. If not, repeat the procedure.