• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 starsinvtsky25

starsinvtsky25

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 17 August 2011 - 11:33 PM

Asked another dog owner not to bring her dog over where my dog was staying while I was on vacation for a few days out of town...She didn't respect my request and brought her dog...Neither dog had met b4 and both dogs had been to the house on different occasions. I think both dogs should have met on neutral ground and under very close supervision........

#2 fleabag

fleabag

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 404 posts

Posted 18 August 2011 - 07:43 AM

Well I would expect a friend to respect my wishes ..I hope there was no problems at the meet.

#3 Viv

Viv

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,420 posts
  • Interests:Dogs///reading///outdoors///photography///fantasy collectibles///my Husband.

Posted 18 August 2011 - 08:21 AM

I would be furious. Was there any problems?? And epsecially with you not there! :angry:
Viv---adoring Aughra -English Mastiff- Dargon- English Mastiff. Always in our hearts Jorth- English Mastiff- Rontu--Bull Mastiff-- Annie and Blu--Dear Basset Hounds.Drac and Timber--Chow Chows Baron-- Rottweiller

#4 starsinvtsky25

starsinvtsky25

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 18 August 2011 - 01:45 PM

It was a situation that never had to happen. If only my wishes had been respected. Guess my dog made the 1st move against the other dog. While my dog was being separated, one of the dog's claws came in contact with my dog and cut my dog under her eye. The tussle ended with my dog going to the ER vet and getting stitches. It was said by the other owner my dog hurt her dog too, but she didn't take her dog to the vet. I feel bad about the situation, due to my dog getting hurt. But I had asked for her not to bring her dog while I was away. I got every other comment from the dog owner, her blaming others for what happened. But she hasn't apologized for not respecting my wishes. I am happy that the situation didn't turn out worse.

#5 Viv

Viv

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,420 posts
  • Interests:Dogs///reading///outdoors///photography///fantasy collectibles///my Husband.

Posted 19 August 2011 - 09:01 AM

Grr your dog was more than likely more aggressive cause you were not there---and did she pay for your dogs vet visit?? I had one bad situation long ago when we asked a friend to watch our Dobe--I actually never talked to that idiot again!
Viv---adoring Aughra -English Mastiff- Dargon- English Mastiff. Always in our hearts Jorth- English Mastiff- Rontu--Bull Mastiff-- Annie and Blu--Dear Basset Hounds.Drac and Timber--Chow Chows Baron-- Rottweiller

#6 LoganK

LoganK

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 104 posts
  • Interests:Ice skating, Soccer (Football Club Barcelona FCB), Dogs,

Posted 21 August 2011 - 03:48 AM

That's horrible. That was not respectful for her to do that. I'm sorry you and especially your dog had to go through that. i hope your dog gets better :(
BORDER COLLIE GIRL 10

#7 starsinvtsky25

starsinvtsky25

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 24 August 2011 - 10:40 PM

Hey Everyone! Thanks for all the comments...It makes me happy to know that people here agree with me about the situation..Also my dog is doing good, it could have been a whole lot worse. But it's still bothersome that it happened and it has nothing to do with my dog making the 1st move..... Thanks everyone!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Dog Chat Home Page

Dog Information Articles

Dog Potty Issues

Cat Information