• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Tenant

Tenant

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 25 August 2011 - 11:28 AM

I am an unfortunate tenant who lives with people who don't train their 4 Shitzus. The male of the bunch feels the need to go into the room where their kennel is and eat every time I or someone else is there. I can stand between he and the food just fine so it's not a food protection sort of thing. I think it's a weird dominance issue. I don't get it. Can someone tell me what this means?

#2 JMM

JMM

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 913 posts

Posted 25 August 2011 - 12:54 PM

It has nothing to do with dominance. Many animals are most relaxed and eat in the company of people. That is very normal.

#3 Viv

Viv

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,409 posts
  • Interests:Dogs///reading///outdoors///photography///fantasy collectibles///my Husband.

Posted 26 August 2011 - 07:32 AM

This is why you think the dogs are untrained?? I just do not understand the problem--why does it bother you?
Viv---adoring Aughra -English Mastiff- Dargon- English Mastiff. Always in our hearts Jorth- English Mastiff- Rontu--Bull Mastiff-- Annie and Blu--Dear Basset Hounds.Drac and Timber--Chow Chows Baron-- Rottweiller

#4 Viv

Viv

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,409 posts
  • Interests:Dogs///reading///outdoors///photography///fantasy collectibles///my Husband.

Posted 26 August 2011 - 08:47 AM

And why do you try and stand in front of him when he wants to go into his kennel and eat?? it is not like he is bothering you for food or under your feet--
Viv---adoring Aughra -English Mastiff- Dargon- English Mastiff. Always in our hearts Jorth- English Mastiff- Rontu--Bull Mastiff-- Annie and Blu--Dear Basset Hounds.Drac and Timber--Chow Chows Baron-- Rottweiller

#5 Catsfriend

Catsfriend

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 41 posts

Posted 26 August 2011 - 03:20 PM

Nope, no problem to be solved here. Dog behaviour is normal. Nobody is harmed. Poster should review his/her own attitude towards dogs as co-tenants.

#6 Catsfriend

Catsfriend

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 41 posts

Posted 26 August 2011 - 04:06 PM

Nope, no problem to be solved here. Dog behaviour is normal. Nobody is harmed. Poster should review his/her own attitude towards dogs as co-tenants.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Dog Chat Home Page

Dog Information Articles

Dog Potty Issues

Cat Information