• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 vonissk

vonissk

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 27 November 2011 - 07:25 PM

Attached File  386679_2581336500228_1458923007_32786190_812555192_n.jpg   17.61KB   97 downloadsAttached File  img_0057.jpg   251.66KB   109 downloadsAttached File  img_0063.jpg   301.8KB   101 downloads The dog sitting down is my Boba boy. The girl standing is my Sister, and of course the other one is Mauli.
U-CH PTD Auggie vom Texomaland OFA Good Marybecks Twisted Sister Vonissk U-CH Marybecks Mauli Ishto Vonissk OFA Good/normal

#2 Catsfriend

Catsfriend

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 41 posts

Posted 27 November 2011 - 11:50 PM

Hi! They are German Shepherds, right? What does "OFA" in your signature mean?

#3 vonissk

vonissk

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 28 November 2011 - 08:07 AM

OFA stands for Orthapedic Foundation for Animals and it is where we send hip and elbow evaluations in America. The ratings are Excellent, Good and Fair. On elbows they are either passing-normal--or not. Yes they are German Shepherd Dogs.
U-CH PTD Auggie vom Texomaland OFA Good Marybecks Twisted Sister Vonissk U-CH Marybecks Mauli Ishto Vonissk OFA Good/normal

#4 Catsfriend

Catsfriend

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 41 posts

Posted 28 November 2011 - 09:16 AM

Why do you send the hip and elbow scores for evaluation to America? There is a ANKC recognised facility in Canberra which does it for our dogs, called AVA Ltd. They provide the scores in figures, such as elbows 0/0 and hips 1/2.

#5 vonissk

vonissk

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 28 November 2011 - 10:32 AM

I live in America. Besides I like OFA.

#6 Catsfriend

Catsfriend

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 41 posts

Posted 28 November 2011 - 12:37 PM

Ah, okay. No problem! By the way, today's Berger Suisse Blanc was previously called the A.C. White Shepherd, with A.C. standing for American-Canadian. Most European breeders imported their Whites from America decades ago; they did not use white-born progeny of German Shepherds from Germany or Switzerland to improve the Whites. Our Whites are called "Swiss" only for the single reason because Switzerland was the first European country to recognise them as an independent breed, which gives them FCI papers.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Dog Chat Home Page

Dog Information Articles

Dog Potty Issues

Cat Information