• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 jeeper

jeeper

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 18 December 2011 - 12:33 PM

I have a female blue heeler who will be 3 Christmas Day. I had her bred back in November, the last day to be tied was on the 11th. If i counted my weeks right, she is due in the neighborhood of the 13th of January. I noticed today that the hair around her anus has a red tint to it. I checked her stool this evening and it has a reddish tint to it, like she may have blood in her stool. My question is, is this normal. This is the first time i have ever had a dog bred and i just want to make sure she is ok. I am planning on carring her to the vet Friday to get a check up but thought i would check on here first to see if someone might be able to tell me what might be going on. I kinda thought it might be hemroids but wasn't sure. Any help would be appreciated. thanks in advance. Stacy

#2 JMM

JMM

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 913 posts

Posted 18 December 2011 - 01:20 PM

Dogs don't get hemorrhoids. It could be blood from the stool or she could have an infected anal gland. Either way she should see the vet.

#3 jeeper

jeeper

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 18 December 2011 - 10:27 PM

thanks. we are headed that way in a couple of days.

#4 add2477

add2477

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 10:10 PM

I am extremely impressed with your writing skills and also with the layout on your blog. emerson ups price in Pakistan Is this a paid theme or did you customize it yourself? Either way keep up the nice quality writing,server rack price in Pakistanitís rare to see a nice blog like this one these days

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Dog Chat Home Page

Dog Information Articles

Dog Potty Issues

Cat Information