• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 StacyAnna

StacyAnna

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 21 December 2011 - 05:04 PM

My mini australian sheppard is fairly good at letting us know when he has to pee or poop. He is 4 months old. A week ago we got an 8 week old pitbull puppy as well. Since getting the pitbull the aussie is having more accidents inside. Could this be marking? Or is the pitbull baby influencing bad habbits with her accidents? How should i handle it?

#2 fleabag

fleabag

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 404 posts

Posted 21 December 2011 - 06:57 PM

I suspect the new kid is a distraction ..the older pup was doing well on their OWN but now there's someone else to play with ..and like with children ..they get busy ..and don't recognize the urge until it's too late .. You need to toilet them both regularly ..when they wake up, after a meal, after a nap ..when they are playing ..grin ..every half hour if necessary.

#3 StacyAnna

StacyAnna

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 22 December 2011 - 01:54 AM

Ok that makes sense. Thanks.

#4 Viv

Viv

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,430 posts
  • Interests:Dogs///reading///outdoors///photography///fantasy collectibles///my Husband.

Posted 22 December 2011 - 09:01 AM

Agreed 100% with Fleabag. 4 months is not that old she gets busy and simply goes. It might be tough for a bit but it will pay off!
Viv---adoring Aughra -English Mastiff- Dargon- English Mastiff. Always in our hearts Jorth- English Mastiff- Rontu--Bull Mastiff-- Annie and Blu--Dear Basset Hounds.Drac and Timber--Chow Chows Baron-- Rottweiller

#5 fleabag

fleabag

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 404 posts

Posted 22 December 2011 - 09:45 AM

While you have the opportunity ..pick your phrase ..I used to say "quick" when I wanted them to toilet ..and each time you go "out" say it, if you want them to ring a bell do THAT too, and when either one wees say ..good girl ..quick! You've got double the chances of catching them in the act ..and if they make a mistake inside ..just ignore it, clean up ..and take them out one might get the hint ..lol

#6 doggymommy

doggymommy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 03 January 2012 - 02:36 PM

Well, similarly, I'm here because a month ago my husband decided it would be a brilliant idea to bring home 2 pitbulls who have since destroyed my beautiful, white (newish) carpet. I have never had this problem with my Collies. The deodorizer has helped with the smell but by no means has it affected the stains. I gave up trying to clean it myself and I'm going to find a pro to do it. Since this forum is for dogs, there have to be some carpet cleaning pro's. I figured someone would be able to recommend a cleaner in my area. I was looking at this list of Dallas carpet cleaners but I realized there was no point in trying to pick someone without hearing some advice from all of you pro's. Let me know if you can help me out.

#7 Martha

Martha

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 09:02 PM

Training Early socialization and obedience are necessary and beneficial for the Miniature Australian Shepherd. They are quick to learn and easy to train. They will not respond to harsh or heavy-handed methods. This breed does best with firmness, fairness, reward, consistency, and positive reinforcement. They excel in agility, conformation, fly-ball, Frisbee, herding, and as a therapy dog. Activity Miniature Australian Shepherds require a lot of exercise and stimulation. They thrive on being given a job to do. The Miniature Australian Shepherd is easily bored and will become high-strung and destructive if left alone for an extended period of time without proper exercise. They enjoy family play sessions, long walks, and a securely fenced yard to romp and run in freely. They will do okay in an apartment dwelling provided they are sufficiently exercised and entertained. ___________________________________________________________ Dog Kennels, Dog Cages, Rabbit Hutches, Chicken Coops

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Dog Chat Home Page

Dog Information Articles

Dog Potty Issues

Cat Information