• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 unbwogable

unbwogable

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 09 January 2012 - 01:33 AM

My wife and I rescued a Staffordshire Terrier from a neighbor who was incredibly abusive (he was 8 months, as far as we can tell). When we got him, he was so skiddish he would wet himself during a thunderstorm. Long story short, we've nursed him back to health, cured a lot of skin and stomach problems, and he's happy and healthy. Problem is, 2 years later, he's overly protective of me. Whenever my wife gets up at night to use the bathroom, Charlie barks at her. When she comes back into the room, he barks again. He doesn't bite or lunge, just barks. Recently, I was sick, and slept on the couch for a few hours. Whenever my wife would get up, he would bark. Seems like he only does it when I'm sleeping. Any ideas on that? My other problem is that he keeps waking my wife up 4-5 times per night, and won't leave her alone till she pets him for a minute. Then he promptly curls up and goes to sleep. I love this dog, he's very good with my niece and nephew, and lets them do nearly anything without so much as a whimper. I just need to figure out how to break these bad habits. Any ideas, folks?

#2 Wild

Wild

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 118 posts

Posted 10 January 2012 - 08:48 AM

As for waking your wife up for a pet, I think she should ignore him. He'll keep pestering her because he thinks it's normal for her to pet him when he asks. She's trained him to just keep pestering her until she pets him. Just grit your teeth and ignore him.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Dog Chat Home Page

Dog Information Articles

Dog Potty Issues

Cat Information