• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 arealhuman

arealhuman

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 19 January 2012 - 04:46 AM

Have two dogs [one male, one female]. Took in neighbor's dog [female] when they had a disaster in their house; the dog came and went for a while and then stayed for about a month. We walk and visit together frequently. Dog's got along well. Dogs played and visitor moped only occassionally. Neighbor's dog went home for about a month. Then, neighbor asked me to dog sit for a few days while they took care of a family emergency. Just three nights and two whole days. The visitor was not happy at all this visit....moping but no trouble; my dogs mostly ignored her. First morning all was well; the second morning I set the bowls down and said "OK' which is how I do it. They all began to eat. I walked over to the sink and did something; glanced back and all were thru eating..no problem. Went over to pick up bowl and saw that the visitors bowl was sitting in a puddle of pee [no pee in bowl]. I know my male is jealous but what's with this? Pretty sure male peed because of splatter and the way he acted. Poor little visitor either got head peed on or ate pee! Any input.....is this a warning? The male is sweet around the house but aggressive toward dogs he does not 'know' when we are walking. No problems after or before.

#2 Viv

Viv

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,395 posts
  • Interests:Dogs///reading///outdoors///photography///fantasy collectibles///my Husband.

Posted 19 January 2012 - 11:17 AM

Hmmm how old is the male and is he neutered? How old is the female that visits?? Is she spayed?? I am sure you will get some insight into this---from others here--
Viv---adoring Aughra -English Mastiff- Dargon- English Mastiff. Always in our hearts Jorth- English Mastiff- Rontu--Bull Mastiff-- Annie and Blu--Dear Basset Hounds.Drac and Timber--Chow Chows Baron-- Rottweiller

#3 arealhuman

arealhuman

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 20 January 2012 - 03:45 AM

My male [Butch {the Terrible}] is between 5 and 6 years old. I rescued him. He was neutered at about 4 years of age [when I adopted him]. I do not know his story before that. So, I have had him about 2 years. Butch had no problem adjusting to living with my now 10.5 year old Black Lab type rescue.....of course, she is an agreeable girl. Lily is less than 2 years old and has been spayed. Again, Lily and Butch and my ole' lab type [Shadow] visit often but usually for a half hour/hour type thing. And Lily stayed for the month or so. Originaly, when we met my neighbor and Lily: Butch wanted to eat her [literally] but we were lucky enough to do whatever and they are now friendly.....excited to see each other. I guess Butch does just not want anydog to sleep over. While Lily was here she climbed onto my lap in the evening [Butch's part time spot] and Butch would butt against my leg and did not seem to be bothered that she [Lily] was on my lap. Both dogs seemed to be comfortable........I was not....but.......???

#4 Martha

Martha

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted 20 March 2012 - 07:09 PM

Itís common for dogs bred in puppy mills to exhibit unusual behavior. Mothers and their litters are often housed together in kennels and are not given the opportunity to leave the kennel, not even for potty breaks! This means that the dogs quickly learn to use the only space available to them, the same space where they eat and sleep, to eliminate. Sharing such a small space with other dogs also makes for stiff competition when it comes to resources like food. It is not unheard of for dogs to urinate in or around their food dishes to mark their food and eating spaces as their own. Urination during or directly after eating can be a sign of anxiety displayed by dogs who have been bullied by other dogs about their food. ___________________________________ Dog Kennels, Rabbit Hutches, Chicken Coops

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Dog Chat Home Page

Dog Information Articles

Dog Potty Issues

Cat Information