Dog Chat Home Page

Dog Information Articles

Dog Potty Issues

Cat Information

Help on housebreaking, or garage/backyard? pls help - General Dog Chat - Dog Chat Forums

Photo

Help on housebreaking, or garage/backyard? pls help

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 PugLove

PugLove

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 12 March 2012 - 02:23 PM

Newbie here. I know the title sounds cruel, but I don't know how to shorten it lol. A little bit about my babies ... I have a 2 yr old Pug 'Nicki' whom I've had since he was 3 months old. 2 months ago, my fiance and I bought a bigger place (was in a 1 bedroom apt). This home has a backyard, garage, front yard, etc.. a place where a dog would be able to roam free and run around. Oh, not to forget, we now have a new edition, Maddie, a mixed puppy who found us and nearly dying, offcourse we kept her. Anyway, now with the new house, I can't seem to 're train' Nicki the pug. In the apartment he had free roam of the place, couch, bed,.. I mean my couch is literally torn apart, furniture chewed up, etc. In the mean time, I want to set some boundaries of where he is allowed to go. Only problem is, he doesn't do any malicious activities while we're home, only when we're gone. Please help.. I"m torn apart, I love him to death but I am at my wits end with the destructive behaviour. My fiance suggested the garage, and I left him there (only when we're at work), and when I get home I just feel so guilty. Backyard? I'm afraid it might be too hot! I know this may sound sooooo selfish, however, we've only been here for 2 months and the house is trashed! I mean, ripped up carpets, scratches on the wall. Oh and in the apartment, he was trained to use the puppy pad in the bathroom. Now it seems as if he has forgotten how to use the puppy pad! I don't know what to do. How do you re train a dog and ensure he won't do the opposite while you're gone? I walk him daily, and now with the new addition, Maddie, I thought he might tire him self out throughout the day and be exhausted when we get home. Nope ! And now the puppy is even worse! I won't even go there, lol.. my main concern is Nicky. Is leaving them in the garage or backyard my only options? Anyone ever had this issue? Is it.... wrong? To leave them outside or garage for 8 hours?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Dog Chat Home Page

Dog Information Articles

Dog Potty Issues

Cat Information