Dog Chat Home Page

Dog Information Articles

Dog Potty Issues

Cat Information

Dog is afraid to go outside all of a sudden - General Dog Chat - Dog Chat Forums

Photo

Dog is afraid to go outside all of a sudden

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 betto

betto

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 16 March 2012 - 07:58 AM

Hello, I have a 6 year old miniature schnauzer that is now afraid to go outside. This started happening about 3 days ago. I have to force her to go out and when she is outside she hides in the dog house and peeks out to see if I am going to let her in. I moved the dog house so she could not hide in there so she found another place to hide. I went out with her this morning and she just sat by my side and would not move. I can't figure out what is going on. Any advice?

#2 Viv

Viv

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,396 posts
  • Interests:Dogs///reading///outdoors///photography///fantasy collectibles///my Husband.

Posted 16 March 2012 - 08:32 AM

Any wild animal around? Do you have a fence?? Sounds like she is petrified does she sleep out there? Is she left alone outside by herself?
Viv---adoring Aughra -English Mastiff- Dargon- English Mastiff. Always in our hearts Jorth- English Mastiff- Rontu--Bull Mastiff-- Annie and Blu--Dear Basset Hounds.Drac and Timber--Chow Chows Baron-- Rottweiller

#3 lcownie11

lcownie11

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 34 posts

Posted 16 March 2012 - 11:44 AM

I guess she had a bad experience outside.
Insure4U - Your guide on choosing pet insurance to life insurance Australia.

#4 Wild

Wild

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 118 posts

Posted 22 June 2012 - 05:46 AM

Talk to your neighbors and find out if there are any wild critters hanging around. Raccoons, opossums, coyotes. These animals are in urban areas, even Chicago.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Dog Chat Home Page

Dog Information Articles

Dog Potty Issues

Cat Information