• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 sreimer07

sreimer07

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 27 March 2012 - 03:10 AM

I have a 2 year old huskie/lab mix who i've had since she was 5 weeks old. She just started recently growling at our other dog that is a 7 yr old Chihuahua/Dotson. I'm trying to figure out why she's doing this and what I can do other than to tell her no. Any ideas?? I do know that in December the huskie/lab was playing with her sister and got a little rough and my dog got scratched on the nose but that was it she hasn't been back there since.

#2 BarbaraJoel

BarbaraJoel

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Interests:I like music, reading novels.

Posted 16 May 2012 - 08:40 PM

According to my knowledge it's normal for dogs to growl at other dog or person and it's in their behavior.

#3 Wild

Wild

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 118 posts

Posted 17 May 2012 - 01:55 AM

Labs are usually very dog friendly. Huskys are not. I've known huskys that would kill small dogs. I think your husky, now coming into adulthood, needs her space. She is letting the chihuahua/doxie know this. I would not allow the dogs on your bed as this sometimes exacerbates the problem. I would have the husky's favorite place be in a spot where there is little or no traffic.

#4 fleabag

fleabag

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 404 posts

Posted 17 May 2012 - 08:09 AM

Yup I suspect this is a new regime trying to be born..the husky mix thinks she might be boss ..and I reckon the "accidental" scratch was the littler dog saying not YET! I'm still boss ..grin .. Dunno what you can do from here ..do they have time with apparent love and good humour?? If it's all growling ..the smaller dog needs a bolt hole ..a room with a chain or a cat door for her, somewhere she can stay away from the bigger dog.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Dog Chat Home Page

Dog Information Articles

Dog Potty Issues

Cat Information