• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 EEOlsen

EEOlsen

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 04:04 AM

What are your thoughts about a locking dog leash like the one described here? • This locking dog leash allows you to lock your dog safely outside while you are in a store or coffee shop. • It prevents your dog from being stolen while you’re inside. • It is a standard length leash made of a material that cannot be cut. • The handle end can be locked to a bench, sign post, tree, fence or other secure structure. • The other end of the leash locks comfortably and securely around your dog’s neck. • Only you can lock or unlock the leash.

#2 Viv

Viv

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,402 posts
  • Interests:Dogs///reading///outdoors///photography///fantasy collectibles///my Husband.

Posted 17 April 2012 - 04:44 AM

No thanks here---wouldn't stop anyone from hurting said dog. I would never leave mine unnatended
Viv---adoring Aughra -English Mastiff- Dargon- English Mastiff. Always in our hearts Jorth- English Mastiff- Rontu--Bull Mastiff-- Annie and Blu--Dear Basset Hounds.Drac and Timber--Chow Chows Baron-- Rottweiller

#3 pinball2k

pinball2k

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 17 June 2012 - 05:46 AM

I am looking for just this kind of leash. I want to be able to pop into the grocery store for a few minutes and not worry about a person taking my dog. I live in the city and if anyone were attacking the dog, they would be stopped or at l;east cause enough commotion that I would be able to respond. I did see one such leash on Ebay but it would have cost over $45 and I did not want to gamble on it working.

#4 fleabag

fleabag

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 404 posts

Posted 17 June 2012 - 06:58 AM

Okay ..but what if something happens and YOU are taken ill in the grocery store ..how does anyone help your dog?? Or a car runs off the road ..it scares me...

#5 Viv

Viv

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,402 posts
  • Interests:Dogs///reading///outdoors///photography///fantasy collectibles///my Husband.

Posted 17 June 2012 - 08:14 AM

No way. If you need to run into the store and leave the dog out leave him/her home. Too many things could happen. How do you know someone would be stopped or enough commotion would be made?? I see such scary stuff every day--all it takes is a second some punk goes by with a skateboard and cracks said dog on the head---the list goes on and on.
Viv---adoring Aughra -English Mastiff- Dargon- English Mastiff. Always in our hearts Jorth- English Mastiff- Rontu--Bull Mastiff-- Annie and Blu--Dear Basset Hounds.Drac and Timber--Chow Chows Baron-- Rottweiller

#6 Wild

Wild

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 118 posts

Posted 22 June 2012 - 05:49 AM

It's quite risky to leave your dog unattended while you shop. However, this leash would be good if you take your dog to picnics, are a vendor at craft shows, or hunt.

#7 BerryAmber

BerryAmber

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 04 July 2012 - 06:15 PM

It is important to have dog leash. 2 years ago, my first pet dog died because my dog was bumped by a car. If I had a dog leash, I maybe pull the leash and I could even save the life of my pet :(

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Dog Chat Home Page

Dog Information Articles

Dog Potty Issues

Cat Information