• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Meg and Rustle

Meg and Rustle

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 03:39 PM

Rustle has taken to pooping and peeing on the concrete near the back door. :( Is there something I can spray so that the smell puts her off? I can't seem to catch her in the act as she goes early in the morning. She does pee when she get excited to see up but I figure she will grow our of this (touch wood) Is there maybe something that she will like the smell of to encourage her to go is one part of the yard?

#2 fleabag

fleabag

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 404 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 03:46 PM

Do you think she's trying to get inside to HER toiletting spot?? Or is it just she's desperate and goes as soon as she's out?? I'd rinse the concrete and then wash it with an enzyme based washing powder so the smell goes away ..

#3 Meg and Rustle

Meg and Rustle

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 04:00 PM

She is an outside dog and is going before we get up in the morning and then again in the afternoon. She isn't going right at the back door but on the over cover area out the back

#4 fleabag

fleabag

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 404 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 04:06 PM

Hose it down, and wash. Is it close to HER house/kennel or away ..there's gotta be a reason she picked that spot.

#5 Meg and Rustle

Meg and Rustle

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 07:23 PM

Yes it's about 2 meters away from her bed. I'm wondering if it isn't a symptom of coming from the dogs home where they have no choice but to poop in their enclosures. She was pooping on the grass for the first couple days and then both and now just on the concrete. (It is easier to scoop off the concrete than on the grass but the kids ride their scooters there) She only goes when no one is around so we can't tell her off.

#6 JMM

JMM

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 913 posts

Posted 25 April 2012 - 10:42 AM

Dogs tend to like one specific surface to go to the bathroom on. The ideal thing would be for her to be crated in the house at night and you take her out to the place you want her to potty in the morning. I would clean the concrete with an enzymatic pet cleaner (let it soak into the concrete for a good long while). Then scrub it and rinse well. You can then apply straight vinegar and leave it on. For some dogs this is a deterrent. You could also consider putting a decorative fence up to keep her off the concrete.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Dog Chat Home Page

Dog Information Articles

Dog Potty Issues

Cat Information