3 replies to this topic

#1 Karen

Karen

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,554 posts

Posted 20 May 2007 - 10:21 AM

D'Argo got his second leg today with a score of 99 (of 100) and a third place (there was a three-way tie for second all with 99 so they go to time - D'Argo was second slowest). He was also highest scoring Sheltie in the class!
Ultimately WE make dogs what they are: good or bad.

West Wind Dog Training

#2 ann

ann

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 160 posts

Posted 22 May 2007 - 05:21 AM

Fantastic! Congratulations! A third place to boot. When is your next show? Made our annual trek to Canada. Ran Vince in an Obedience fun match. He was 1st in a class of 3 with a score of 188 which probably doesn't seem great, but for my home schooled goof ball this was fabulous. He's entered in Novice at the National and I wanted to get an idea of how he would fare. He also picked up 4 points and his sister got her 2 point qualifier. Trikki picked up 4 more points bringing her to 6. She survived having the judge step on her foot which probably would have devastated her a year ago. She bounced back, albeit a little hesitant to take BOB.

#3 Karen

Karen

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,554 posts

Posted 22 May 2007 - 08:11 AM

So Trikki has her first major??? Hey, I am just happy for a Qualify in Obed and Rally! :) Did you read that I lost Ryker two weeks ago yesterday? Heart failure. The trial this weekend was so hard as he was entered. It took me an hour before I was able to go get him scratched. AND it was a club I trained with in Agility s couple years back. One of my mentors stewarded the Rally ring and D'Argo got a great applause! And for once it was not pity applause! Let me know how nationals go!
Ultimately WE make dogs what they are: good or bad.

West Wind Dog Training

#4 ann

ann

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 160 posts

Posted 22 May 2007 - 10:02 PM

Oh Karen, I'm so sorry to hear about Ryker! That has to be a devastating blow. To have a dog so long is like losing a part of yourself. I'm thrilled that D'Argo got a round of applause. Just one more leg! No, not a major, but a second 2pt qualifier (their equivalent of a major). Both Vince and Blitz also got their "qualifiers" so now all we need are single points in Canada. She still needs a second major in the states, but with her recent change of attitude, I'm begining to think that might be possible. Last night was my last agility class. I found a class that was 65 miles one way, but now that it's over, it's back to home schooling. Pretty sure we're going to "crash and burn" in the agility arena. A little more hopeful in the Novice Obedience ring :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Dog Chat Home Page

Dog Information Articles

Dog Potty Issues

Cat Information