• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 islander85

islander85

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 01 March 2017 - 11:58 PM

I have a senior dog who has used pee pads her entire life, I leave them by the door and clean them up once a day.  I recently got a roommate who has a young dog (1.5yrs).  When she first moved in she peed wherever she wanted including my couch.  She also was very stressed and would have diarrhea everywhere.  My roommate has been taking her out more now, so she doesn't pee inside as much.  But she is continuing to mark (pee) outside my bedroom door and if my bedroom door is open, the first the she will do is run in there and poop on the floor.  Initially my roommate thought it was my dog peeing on the floor since the pee spots were small (I have a Pomeranian, she has a pit bull mix), but my dog hasn't done something like that in over 15 years, and then I saw her dog doing it the other day so I know it's her.  I normally keep my bedroom door closed, but there is the odd time when I'm getting ready for bed or going from my bedroom to the bathroom that I forget or don't shut the door all the way, and without fail her dog will go in there and poop (and eat all of my dogs food).  Her dog is kenneled all day, and mine is not, she also rarely walks her dog.  My roommate insists that if I don't train my dog not to use pads then there is nothing she can do about her dog peeing inside and she is not willing to train her dog to use pads.  Can anyone help me out here?  How can I stop her dog from doing this?  Is this a behavioral thing that can be stopped?  Or is my roommate right, that she will continue to mark as long as my dog pees on the pads.  Thanks! :)   

#2 willowlynn

willowlynn

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 759 posts

Posted 02 March 2017 - 03:26 AM

First of all, I wouldn't even want a dog your roommates size to use pee pads.  Your roommates dog may need a Vet appointment to rule out any health issues, do you know why she is stressed?  She needs more walks and exercise and it's back to potty training 101.  Dogs that are house trained in one place, doesn't mean they are house trained in new homes.  You will both have to step up and work with her.  Good luck.

#3 perriejinnie

perriejinnie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 45 posts

Posted 16 March 2017 - 08:49 PM

Sometimes one dog learns things from another dog. Peeing may be a signal to notifying to other dog the area one dog belongs to. I don't know how to treat this issue. You need to get your dog to a vet and get it checked for any health problems.

I love dogs. :wub:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Dog Chat Home Page

Dog Information Articles

Dog Potty Issues

Cat Information