Dog Chat Home Page

Dog Information Articles

Dog Potty Issues

Cat Information

First puppy is doing great, I'm an anxious mess - General Dog Chat - Dog Chat Forums

Photo

First puppy is doing great, I'm an anxious mess

owner anxiety

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 sirdigby

sirdigby

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 07 March 2017 - 08:20 AM

My wife and I brought our new puppy home 3 days ago and he's doing great. He's already progressing with housetraining and learning to be calm in his puppy pen. We have been wanting a puppy for sometime and this is definitely the perfect one. I know everything is going to be okay, but my body is an anxious mess. I can't eat, can barely sleep, I feel a huge knot in my chest. I feel like I made a huge mistake. He's so nice and my wife loves him. I don't know what to do. I've always been bad at stress management, but I have never had anxiety issues like this. I feel like my heart might explode from being so tense. Tomorrow is my day at home with the puppy and I'm so nervous I'm going to do something wrong. I keep telling myself it's okay, but my body wont believe me.

Any ideas or kind words would be greatly appreciated. I really want to make this work.  <3

#2 Viv

Viv

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,008 posts
  • Interests:Dogs///reading///outdoors///photography///fantasy collectibles///my Husband.

Posted 07 March 2017 - 10:37 AM

Seriously? Number one how old is the pup and mixed breeds if so any idea what kind?Puppies take a lot of work never yell if he/she pees poos puppies are a simple JOY! It sounds like you be a very anxious man I am also but my dogs help me unstress If not for my dogs I would be a basket case---relax be cool and enjoy! Seriously I have 2 Huge Mastiffs and they are my life had had smaller ones just get to know the pup be cool be happy!

Viv---- Dargon- English Mastiff. Jutz- English Mastiff-- Always in our hearts--Aughra- English Mastiff- Jorth- English Mastiff- Rontu--Bull Mastiff-- Annie and Blu--Dear Basset Hounds .Drac and Timber--Chow Chows- Baron-- Rottweiller

#3 willowlynn

willowlynn

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 780 posts

Posted 08 March 2017 - 01:04 AM

Congrats on your new puppy!  They sure do change our lives and for the better.  Be patient and kind, your pup is just a baby.  Look into puppy classes, they will give you both confidence and increase your bond.  You will do fine!

#4 Giddy Up Doggy

Giddy Up Doggy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
  • Interests:jack Russell terriers, hiking, gardening, painting, drawing, ranching, rodeo

Posted 08 March 2017 - 04:55 AM

Congratulations! Don't over think it. You will be a great dog dad! Just love on that little guy and give yourself and your pup room to grow, room to make mistakes and lots of room to just love each other. Puppy classes would be great as soon as your pup is old enough. Great confidence booster for you and your pup as well as great socialization for the pup. Its like being a first time parent, you bring your baby home from the hospital and all the sudden doubts and fear set in. But then you realize that it will be fine, one day at a time, one precious moment at a time.

Giddy Up Doggy - Gear for Dogs

http://giddyupdoggy.com

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Dog Chat Home Page

Dog Information Articles

Dog Potty Issues

Cat Information