• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Harry Kim

Harry Kim

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 15 March 2017 - 12:22 AM

Hi There, I was looking for some help or advice anyone would be able to share regarding our dog Lady

She's a 5 year old Northern Inuit Husky and we are the 3rd family she has been with.

now our problem with her is when we take her out on walks, she has such a keen nose that she is forever diving into a bush/hedge row and coming out with some form of dead animal or waist food in her mouth and we have to wrestle with her to remove it, and whilst I don't like calling her a bad girl (after all its part of her nature) I do worry that she will end up eating something that's going to be bad for her, So I'm looking for advice on how to tackle this, Would taking her to lessons be of any benefit to her? or would we be better of getting a muzzle or something to stop her getting the dead animals/litter in the first place?

Id really appreciate any help or advice with this as I want her to enjoy her walks outside as she loves going on them

Thanks all for your time

#2 willowlynn

willowlynn

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 773 posts

Posted 15 March 2017 - 02:51 AM

Yes, basic obedience classes will help you both.  Mean while, keep her on a short leash and don't allow to to explore areas you can not see.  Good luck!

#3 lceba

lceba

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 20 May 2017 - 01:16 AM

Use something that she loves. The reward for dropping something that she has in her mouth must be more exciting or she will not drop it. Do not punish her for doing something that is probably natural for her. A long lead could also be helpful for training purposes. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Dog Chat Home Page

Dog Information Articles

Dog Potty Issues

Cat Information