My puppy is pooping alot, could it be the food hes eating

#2 willowlynn

willowlynn

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 773 posts

Posted 18 March 2017 - 12:22 AM

Hello, what kind of food is your puppy eating?  Is he on a feeding schedule or free fed?  Has he been wormed?

#3 Viv

Viv

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,994 posts
  • Interests:Dogs///reading///outdoors///photography///fantasy collectibles///my Husband.

Posted 18 March 2017 - 04:01 AM

LOL pups poop--make sure it is on a high quality food and feed the proper amount for its weight.

Viv---- Dargon- English Mastiff. Always in our hearts--Aughra- English Mastiff- Jorth- English Mastiff- Rontu--Bull Mastiff-- Annie and Blu--Dear Basset Hounds .Drac and Timber--Chow Chows- Baron-- Rottweiller

#4 msager21

msager21

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 20 March 2017 - 03:27 AM

He is eating what the store gave for his first bag of food. Not sure what the name of it is.

#5 Viv

Viv

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,994 posts
  • Interests:Dogs///reading///outdoors///photography///fantasy collectibles///my Husband.

Posted 20 March 2017 - 05:34 AM

So you bought him from a store and do not even know the name of the food?? You must have some kind of paperwork-what type of dog is he??? HOW old is he??? How long was he at the store they take them to early from their dams and they sit in the store for awhile has he had any shots? have you taken him to the vet with a stool sample and a checkup?

Viv---- Dargon- English Mastiff. Always in our hearts--Aughra- English Mastiff- Jorth- English Mastiff- Rontu--Bull Mastiff-- Annie and Blu--Dear Basset Hounds .Drac and Timber--Chow Chows- Baron-- Rottweiller

#6 willowlynn

willowlynn

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 773 posts

Posted 21 March 2017 - 03:58 AM

I'm sure you can look and tell us the dog food brand.  Some foods are better then others, that's why I asked.  Has the pup seen the Vet yet?

#7 Beepu

Beepu

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 05 July 2017 - 05:05 PM

You should really take him to the vet, just to safe

#8 TheDogLine

TheDogLine

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 79 posts
  • Interests:I am interested in different kinds of Electric Bark Collars, electric dog fences, remote dog training, and dog training products

Posted 10 November 2017 - 04:15 PM

It is best to consult your vet so he/she can advise the best diet (specifically the food brand) for your new pup. 

#9 JALIL1995

JALIL1995

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 10 November 2017 - 06:54 PM

He is eating what the store gave for his first bag of food. Not sure what the name of it is.

Whole hearted is good brand

#10 SpicyBulldog

SpicyBulldog

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted 11 November 2017 - 10:46 AM

Switch him to a high quality kibble. How many times is her pooping? Mine was going a lot too. Is it firm or soft?

#11 TasdidAlvi

TasdidAlvi

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Interests:I love Dog & Cat.

Posted 11 November 2017 - 08:50 PM

Hi, I have an almost 3 month old Siberian Husky. About 3 wks ago I started feeding her Blue Wilderness Natural Evolutionary Diet for puppies. She is constantly pooping, as in 5-6 times daily and 2 times during sleep hours. What can I do?

#12 Viv

Viv

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,994 posts

Posted 12 November 2017 - 03:50 AM

Feed her less

#13 TheDogLine

TheDogLine

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 79 posts
  • Interests:I am interested in different kinds of Electric Bark Collars, electric dog fences, remote dog training, and dog training products

Posted 12 November 2017 - 04:23 PM

Hi, I have an almost 3 month old Siberian Husky. About 3 wks ago I started feeding her Blue Wilderness Natural Evolutionary Diet for puppies. She is constantly pooping, as in 5-6 times daily and 2 times during sleep hours. What can I do?

What's her diet plan? Have you consulted your vet about the situation? 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Dog Chat Home Page

Dog Information Articles

Dog Potty Issues

Cat Information