2 replies to this topic

#1 SpunkyNoodles45

SpunkyNoodles45

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 05 April 2017 - 04:36 AM

Hi All!

I have a quick question about introducing a new dog to the family. I have three fur babies now (a three year old female corgi named Pumpkin, an 8 month old female husky/golden retriever named Bella, and a 10 year old male husky/shepard mix named Jake)..they all get along wonderfully. Each Pup was given to us as babies by friends who couldn't take care of them while in college or who grew impatient trying to train them. But last week things changed.

My fiancé and I were driving down a highly busy road in the city and a sweet husky girl was frantically dodging cars, about to get killed. We stopped and threw the car door open and she hopped in terrified. We finally were able to locate the family who said they did not want her back as they kept her chained in the back yard where she'd repeatedly break free from the chains. They also told us she had similar issues with three other families along with constant barking and restlessness prior to them "buying her".. regardless we sort ended up falling in love with her and have had no issues with barking or pacing when she is walked an hour or two a day. We have an entire fenced in acre where we never leave our pups unsupervised, chained, or caged..  The only problem is, we have no idea how to introduce her to the rest of the pack. Do you have any suggestions? Everyone is up to date on shots and super sweet. The new girl is sweet as well and seems curious, but the vet believe she is 3-4 years old. One of us is always home and is willing to give them all the time they need, but we need to know where to start..

Thank you all for your time! We are hopeful things will work out, the sweet little Pop Tart deserves a chance after all she's been through :)

​   

​   -SpunkyNoodles

#2 Viv

Viv

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,949 posts
  • Interests:Dogs///reading///outdoors///photography///fantasy collectibles///my Husband.

Posted 05 April 2017 - 06:45 AM

Introduce them in a neutral area one at a time on lead---let us know how things work out!
Viv---adoring Aughra -English Mastiff- Dargon- English Mastiff. Always in our hearts Jorth- English Mastiff- Rontu--Bull Mastiff-- Annie and Blu--Dear Basset Hounds.Drac and Timber--Chow Chows Baron-- Rottweiller

#3 crazypetlady

crazypetlady

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 10 April 2017 - 10:18 AM

Definitely in a neutral area, and if all your dogs are friendly I don't see there being a problem! 

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: training, introducing, pack, new dog

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Dog Chat Home Page

Dog Information Articles

Dog Potty Issues

Cat Information