• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 xflower

xflower

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 13 April 2017 - 06:52 AM

so my 7 month old puppy is going through her first heat. I noticed the small amount of bleeding about a week ago. She has to go to the vet this weekend for a shot and heart worm medication, but I've read that other dogs can sense when a dog's in heat and I'm not sure how that's gonna play out. Is it recommended that I take her to the vet around so many other dogs?

#2 Viv

Viv

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,944 posts
  • Interests:Dogs///reading///outdoors///photography///fantasy collectibles///my Husband.

Posted 13 April 2017 - 08:34 AM

NO tell the vet she might be in heat what breed is your dog?  Males from miles around will know please keep her contained.

Viv---adoring Aughra -English Mastiff- Dargon- English Mastiff. Always in our hearts Jorth- English Mastiff- Rontu--Bull Mastiff-- Annie and Blu--Dear Basset Hounds.Drac and Timber--Chow Chows Baron-- Rottweiller

#3 xflower

xflower

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 14 April 2017 - 05:30 PM

I'm not sure what breed she is. My cousins dog is her mom and she's a mix between corgi and dachshund. I called the vet and asked if I could take her, and the lady who answered the phone said it was fine, but I'm not too sure.

#4 willowlynn

willowlynn

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 733 posts

Posted 15 April 2017 - 03:56 AM

Maybe they can slip her in the back door?  If the shot can wait, I'd reschedule.

#5 perriejinnie

perriejinnie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 45 posts

Posted 22 April 2017 - 05:43 PM

Your dog may be in heat, that's why bleeding. Anyways, let me tell you one general thing. Protect your dog from heat of summer. Keep a cooler next to its place and keep the dog hydrated. You will never know how fast your dog is getting dehydrated in summer season.

I love dogs. :wub:

#6 Viv

Viv

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,944 posts
  • Interests:Dogs///reading///outdoors///photography///fantasy collectibles///my Husband.

Posted 24 April 2017 - 06:58 AM

Umm Keep the dog inside if it is indeed in heat

Viv---adoring Aughra -English Mastiff- Dargon- English Mastiff. Always in our hearts Jorth- English Mastiff- Rontu--Bull Mastiff-- Annie and Blu--Dear Basset Hounds.Drac and Timber--Chow Chows Baron-- Rottweiller

#7 SavingBella

SavingBella

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 29 April 2017 - 10:03 PM

I didn't know they started so early?
Bella was found last night. She suffered injuries to her lungs, eye, ribs and could possible have her back leg amputated. She will needs emergency surgery to try and save her eye and leg. With a current vet bill of $7,787 and estimated final $30,000 we need help for little bella. She extensive veterinary care and will require alot of care. If not claimed once she is better we are looking for a foster parent or possible adoptive parents for her. In the meantime if you would like to donate for Bella's vet care please follow the paypal link to donate. God bless!

paypal.me/savingbella

#8 Viv

Viv

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,944 posts

Posted 30 April 2017 - 03:02 AM

I didn't know they started so early?

Usually around 6 months

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Dog Chat Home Page

Dog Information Articles

Dog Potty Issues

Cat Information