• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 xflower

xflower

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 13 April 2017 - 06:52 AM

so my 7 month old puppy is going through her first heat. I noticed the small amount of bleeding about a week ago. She has to go to the vet this weekend for a shot and heart worm medication, but I've read that other dogs can sense when a dog's in heat and I'm not sure how that's gonna play out. Is it recommended that I take her to the vet around so many other dogs?

#2 Viv

Viv

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,915 posts
  • Interests:Dogs///reading///outdoors///photography///fantasy collectibles///my Husband.

Posted 13 April 2017 - 08:34 AM

NO tell the vet she might be in heat what breed is your dog?  Males from miles around will know please keep her contained.

Viv---adoring Aughra -English Mastiff- Dargon- English Mastiff. Always in our hearts Jorth- English Mastiff- Rontu--Bull Mastiff-- Annie and Blu--Dear Basset Hounds.Drac and Timber--Chow Chows Baron-- Rottweiller

#3 xflower

xflower

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 14 April 2017 - 05:30 PM

I'm not sure what breed she is. My cousins dog is her mom and she's a mix between corgi and dachshund. I called the vet and asked if I could take her, and the lady who answered the phone said it was fine, but I'm not too sure.

#4 willowlynn

willowlynn

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 723 posts

Posted 15 April 2017 - 03:56 AM

Maybe they can slip her in the back door?  If the shot can wait, I'd reschedule.

#5 perriejinnie

perriejinnie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 45 posts

Posted 22 April 2017 - 05:43 PM

Your dog may be in heat, that's why bleeding. Anyways, let me tell you one general thing. Protect your dog from heat of summer. Keep a cooler next to its place and keep the dog hydrated. You will never know how fast your dog is getting dehydrated in summer season.

I love dogs. :wub:

#6 Viv

Viv

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,915 posts
  • Interests:Dogs///reading///outdoors///photography///fantasy collectibles///my Husband.

Posted 24 April 2017 - 06:58 AM

Umm Keep the dog inside if it is indeed in heat

Viv---adoring Aughra -English Mastiff- Dargon- English Mastiff. Always in our hearts Jorth- English Mastiff- Rontu--Bull Mastiff-- Annie and Blu--Dear Basset Hounds.Drac and Timber--Chow Chows Baron-- Rottweiller

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Dog Chat Home Page

Dog Information Articles

Dog Potty Issues

Cat Information