Dog Chat Home Page

Dog Information Articles

Dog Potty Issues

Cat Information

Dog is agressive and protective. Need help - Behaviour Problems - Dog Chat Forums

Photo

Dog is agressive and protective. Need help

dog agressive protective training problems behavior behaviour

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 leb

leb

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 14 September 2017 - 02:25 AM

My boyfriend adopted his dog when she was 6 months old. He didn't properly train her because he didn't have time for her and was in college. When she was younger she loved people even strangers and now at 3, she hates everyone but the two of us. Every time someone walks by our apartment she barks and lunges and growls at the door. It's not just a normal bark it's definitely an agressive bark. She also lunges and barks aggressively towards anyone she sees while walking outside. I get scared to take her outside. Yesterday she was pooping and I was looking around constantly to make sure no one was coming and a lady was so quiet and came out of no where she jumped around me lunged at her jumped on her and started snarling at her neck. She's never bitten anyone but I'm afraid she's going to. I started crying uncontrollably and I'm lucky the lady was nice she said it's okay don't worry about it. I'm just afraid to think that if it was a child or old lady who could have gotten knocked over. I feel bad because my boyfriend loves her so much and I do too but he's not getting her the proper training. We're fresh out of college and don't have the money to spend on getting a dog trainer or behaviorist. I secretly want to get rid of her but I know that will break his heart. I don't know what to do because I don't want to put her down but she's stressing me out and it's putting a lot of stress on our relationship especially from me to him.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: dog, agressive, protective, training, problems, behavior, behaviour

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Dog Chat Home Page

Dog Information Articles

Dog Potty Issues

Cat Information