Dog Chat Home Page

Dog Information Articles

Dog Potty Issues

Cat Information

Results of TPO-5 month old (on 10/4/17) Border Collie puppy with Hip Dysplasia - Health - Dog Chat Forums

Photo

Results of TPO-5 month old (on 10/4/17) Border Collie puppy with Hip Dysplasia

Hip Dysplasia Triple pelvic Osteotomy

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 HappyBoLife

HappyBoLife

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 03 October 2017 - 12:16 PM

Hello All, 

Since the beginning of September I've been taking my pup to the dog park, I noticed really quickly how slow he was running. He also tired very quickly.....I thought maybe he wasn't the best runner since he was still growing but even with other puppies around he was the slowest one. This progressed to noticing him running sideways, giving up and just lying down and taking days to recoup after the park. I finally had him get x-rays for my own peace of mind and sure enough he has hip dysplasia in one hip. 

The vet has recommended a triple pelvic osteotomy, I was just curious if anyone has done this surgery and how has your dog done? My little guy loves to run and I can't imagine at such a young age having to take away one of his passions forever. In addition since he's been young and going to puppy pre-school whenever we went into the gym during agility training he just stopped and watched almost in awe, so I was never planning on competing with him but maybe someone whose had a fur baby that's been able to do agility after the surgery would be great too! 

Thanks for any and all info you could share! 

#2 willowlynn

willowlynn

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 759 posts

Posted 04 October 2017 - 02:01 AM

Hello, I'm so sorry to hear about your puppy.  The only help I can offer is a FaceBook page (1) Canine Health, Breeding and Puppy Care.  I find this group very helpful. Best wishes to you and your pup.

#3 HappyBoLife

HappyBoLife

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 04 October 2017 - 12:30 PM

Thanks for the info! Tomorrow is his appointment with the surgeon, Im so worried about making the wrong decision!

#4 willowlynn

willowlynn

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 759 posts

Posted 04 October 2017 - 11:36 PM

Best of luck!  Did you post on that FB group?  Or someone with your exact same problem did!  :)

#5 TheDogLine

TheDogLine

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 60 posts
  • Interests:I am interested in different kinds of Electric Bark Collars, electric dog fences, remote dog training, and dog training products

Posted 06 October 2017 - 03:50 PM

That's a very tough situation. I am praying for the success of your fur-baby's operation. Best of luck! 

#6 Viv

Viv

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,969 posts
  • Interests:Dogs///reading///outdoors///photography///fantasy collectibles///my Husband.

Posted 07 October 2017 - 02:16 AM

best of luck
Viv---adoring Aughra -English Mastiff- Dargon- English Mastiff. Always in our hearts Jorth- English Mastiff- Rontu--Bull Mastiff-- Annie and Blu--Dear Basset Hounds.Drac and Timber--Chow Chows Baron-- Rottweiller

#7 HappyBoLife

HappyBoLife

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 08 October 2017 - 09:12 AM

I did post to the FB group, such great info thanks for sharing it with me! And thank you for the prayers everyone, its going to be a long road but Im confident hes going to have a long and happy life 🤓

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Dog Chat Home Page

Dog Information Articles

Dog Potty Issues

Cat Information