2 replies to this topic

#1 SpicyBulldog

SpicyBulldog

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 34 posts

Posted 05 February 2018 - 06:57 AM

Discussion or debate welcome. Opinions? What's good about it? What's bad about it? What changes / improvements could be made? What makes a good breeders vs a bad breeder? You don't have to answer all the questions, whichever one or ones you want and can pose a different idea or question. Diverse discussion is always great.

#2 Viv

Viv

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,067 posts
  • Interests:Dogs///reading///outdoors///photography///fantasy collectibles///my Husband.

Posted 06 February 2018 - 01:11 AM

A good breeder is awesome-one who tries to improve the breed-one who doesn't sell a pup to just anyone--one who will take the dog back at any time in it's lifetime-one who stays in contact through the dogs life. I think only those who are ready for such a commitment should breed--not just any BYB  etc. One who puts stipulants in a contract such as spaying/neutering etc. My mastiffs are awesome from great breeders--sure I could breed them but will not-I abide by the contract--and that states also they are NOT to be fixed  for Males 2 years for Females 2 heat cycles. That is not fun lol but I do it better for the dogs all around.

Viv---- Dargon- English Mastiff. Jutz- English Mastiff-- Always in our hearts--Aughra- English Mastiff- Jorth- English Mastiff- Rontu--Bull Mastiff-- Annie and Blu--Dear Basset Hounds .Drac and Timber--Chow Chows- Baron-- Rottweiller

#3 TheDogLine

TheDogLine

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 140 posts
  • Interests:I am interested in different kinds of Electric Bark Collars, electric dog fences, remote dog training, and dog training products

Posted 11 February 2018 - 04:26 PM

A good breeder should be very knowledgeable about the breed. The breeder should know all the standards of the breed, the temperament of the breed, and should patiently answer all your questions. They should ask you several questions about yourself, your lifestyle, and your family situation. The breeder may ask to meet your entire family. Good breeders want to make sure their animals are placed in loving, responsible homes. They will go to great lengths to ensure this. Be concerned about the animal for a lifetime. They may ask you to sign a contract, specifying your responsibility in taking good care of your new dog.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Dog Chat Home Page

Dog Information Articles

Dog Potty Issues

Cat Information