3 replies to this topic

#1 Karen

Karen

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,554 posts

Posted 08 August 2007 - 06:06 AM

I hope I am not cursing this one... Woman who is also president of the UKC Sheltie Parent Club, a UKC judge who does show AKC, and she knows my sister well and has bred to Beth's Ben (before the eye issue showed up), has an 11 week old, Tri pup for sale. She decided to place him as he is mirror of his sire and she does not need carbon copies. Pup is on the small side of the growth chart but the background is nice, moderate dogs with one who has produced big. My sister has seen the sire, dam and a granddam (granddam was bred to Ben several years back). The pedigree is lovely. Beth is going to try and see him this week if possible. But she says this is one breeder she would work with for a pup sight unseen and if the breeder says teh pup has potential, chances are he does. So, as long as Beth does not see anything glaring, I may be headed to MI in a couple weeks to get a pup. I cannot get there next week as Doug is traveling this week, home for 3 - 4 days and then travelling again. But the breeder said that would be no problem to hold him. Pup does has a small umbilical hernia that was disclosed. Not worried about that. Also a good contract. I will outright own him, breeder's kennel name goes first and she gets to say no to the registered name (she does not want anything like Sweetie Pie - LOL) and she gets to use him at stud to any bitch she wishes. Pretty standard. This is his sire: http://www.phoenixsh...s.com/Alex.html This is the dam as a pup: http://www.phoenixsh...s.com/Demi.html She never coated out well enough for the AKC ring but Beth says she moves nicely and is a pretty dog. Fingers crossed!
Ultimately WE make dogs what they are: good or bad.

West Wind Dog Training

#2 Karen

Karen

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,554 posts

Posted 08 August 2007 - 06:15 AM

And a picIPB Image The breeder had a heck of time getting a good one! This is the best she could get.

West Wind Dog Training

#3 Karen

Karen

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,554 posts

Posted 08 August 2007 - 08:40 AM

Karma??? I got an email from the co-breeder of the first litter I was interested in and looks like the dam may have absorbed or missed... They thought she had at least five pups originally.

West Wind Dog Training

#4 Ursula Akita

Ursula Akita

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
  • Interests:I'm self studying Avian behavior<br />I specialize in Tropical birds, and Birds of prey.<br />

Posted 07 December 2008 - 09:01 AM

I'm sorry about the Dam's lose. Maybe Karma was just looking out for all involved? Again, sorry for the lose.
Founder of Respons-a-Bull KCMO Network Leader and Donations Manager

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Dog Chat Home Page

Dog Information Articles

Dog Potty Issues

Cat Information